Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm 35..... blessings and thoughts on my birthday......

Yep, I'm 35 today........... I think my most widely used phrase on here is "Where did the time go?" There was a time when I was a child that I thought my 35 year old mother was ancient! Now, I'm thinking differently....... So, to celebrate my birthday, here's my birthday post on blessings or mostly thoughts I've had today.........

1. As a lay in the bed this morning, knowing it was freezing cold outside, I heard the sweetest sound outside my window.... the birds singing. It always reminds me that the birds praise their Maker even when the cold wind blows. Later, my cousin pointed out to me how much Nanny loved birds, so I considered this a butterfly kiss from her.

2. Caramel cake.... I remembered not to tell mama I was on a diet this year (even though I technically am) so she had me a very delicious cake to eat when I got in from school. Thanks mom! And, I think I may have been on a diet most of my life, but somehow I've gained the weight too.

3. Mother's Ring..... A couple of weeks ago, I picked up my Christmas/Birthday gift to myself, a mother's ring that belonged to my Nanny. It was given to her by my mother before my parents even married. (They've been married a very long time now!) The ring is a treasure for me. I replaced the synthetic glass stones in it with real ones. I selected the same birthstones that were in it to begin with which represent my mother and her siblings. I, also, selected a ruby to represent Nanny and PapPaw's anniversary month, July.

4. Insulated thermals to wear on my birthday since it seemed like it was 40 below outside

5. Birthday wishes from about 100 friends on facebook. I have an idea for this one... just think if all these friends gave you a dollar, too! ha ha!

6. Birthday wishes from daddy, my husband, mama, Aunt Kaye, and the kids.... My daughter just walked in here to tell me, "Goodnight, Groundhog!"

7. Speaking of Phil, he didn't see his shadow! Thank goodness! Now, if these superstitious things could just work out...........

8. Prayer.... I had a mini-meltdown this morning remembering Nanny's past birthday wishes, cakes, and presents, but the prayer of the faithful got me through it. Thanks!

9. Birthday cards... I still love to get mail! Scott, Susanne, Angela, Leslie, Mrs. Winkie, and Cameron... you make my heart smile! I, also, had cards from mom, dad, and Aunt Kaye!

10. Hometown for Dinner with the family

11. 107 for lunch with the husband

12. The music on the ipod I listened to all day.....

13. The sweet puppy kisses I got from my sweet animals

14. A clean kitchen when I got home. The husband had cleaned all the leftovers out of the fridge and loaded the dishwasher! WOW!

15. Conversations with family and friends today....

16. Voicemails from Elizabeth (I got two!)

17. Happy Birthday sung by my daddy.....

18. A beautiful painting from Aunt Kaye

19. Perfect health and a sound mind full of memories of birthdays past and family no longer here, but always with me in spirit

20. Seeing Stone today..... he always makes me laugh!

That's just a short list, not entirely everything that made me smile today, but I can most assuredly say, My cup runneth over. I have the best friends and family in the whole universe. God has blessed me beyond measure! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...