I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She said, "Well, a lot of people started writing cooking blogs so I decided to stop mine." (or something along those lines) Tracy is such a talented writer. I hope she finds her sweet spot again and starts a new blog or picks up with the old one. Anyway, this is not a cooking blog, but Savell was going through my recipe box last night looking for a favorite recipe for salmon and came across this. She said, "Brookie's Favorite Shrimp Dip... How come I've never eaten this?" Which got me to thinking I haven't made this dip in so long and it goes all the way back to our Alison's days (I think that's where I got the recipe, actually.) and Brookie always wanted me to make this dip anytime we went to a party. So, in honor of where all the love began and lots of parties we went to at one time together, here is Brookie's Favorite Shrimp Dip.
Thursday, February 25, 2021
Brookie's Favorite Shrimp Dip
2 packages of cream cheese seasoned with Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder
cocktail sauce
2 lbs fresh shrimp, boiled and peeled
green onions
mozzarella cheese
tomatoes
Combine cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder (to taste). Peel shrimp, and season with Tony's seasoning.
Layer - I always used a round platter/serving dish.
Cream Cheese
cocktail sauce
shrimp
cheese
onions
tomatoes
Serve with Wheat Thins or Ritz.
And, Brookie would probably add, have some Budweiser on hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
No comments:
Post a Comment