Monday, November 9, 2009

Do you know Jesus?

This story is just too cute not to share...........

A little boy who is younger than Savell has a crush on her. I am not going to mention his name here to protect the innocent! Anyway, I told Savell that she had to be nice to him and not hurt his feelings. Also, I told her to not lead him on into thinking she likes him in a girlfriend/boyfriend kind of way. So.......... they are friends, but he still likes her. Anyway, last Thursday night at the school Harvest Festival, he walked around with her practically all night. She told me this story on the way home that night. He looked at her sometime that night, and posed this question, "Do you know Jesus?" He went on to tell her that he needed to know this because he couldn't like someone that didn't know Jesus. Well, Savell said, "I've been baptized." Then, bless his little sweet heart, he said, "Well, being baptized and knowing Jesus are two completely different things." So Savell informed him that she had made a public profession of her faith, having asked Jesus into her heart and that she was trusting in Him as her Savior. The little boy said, ok, and he seemed to be quite pleased with her answer.

Now............. when she finished telling me this story Thursday night, I was completely blown away! And, I used it as a teaching moment. I told her that the little boy was correct in not wanting to like (in a girlfriend way) someone who didn't know Jesus. What a powerful lesson to learn at such a young age! I went on to explain to her that the Bible tells us to not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. One day you will get married and you should never marry someone who is not a believer. This will save you a world of heartache!

I am still astonished at the Lord working in our children. And, kudos to the little boy's parents (though they will remain unmentioned) for teaching him this! WOW! is all I can say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...