My brother Scott is currently serving in the Caribbean (not sure of exact location) in the United States Air Force as a Chaplain. He sends me pictures from time to time, and I have decided to share some with you. Please continue to pray for our men and women in our armed services. As I watched the memorial service for the victims of the Fort Hood shootings, I was reminded again that our lives here are like a vapor. We are here one moment and gone the next. Last week in our bible study, the speaker made this comment, "God has a 'To Do List' with your name on it that was written before you were created." That was one of those "stop you in your tracks" kind of quotes. I got to wondering what my "To Do List" looks like, and I began to think that I am probably failing miserably at it. We all have a job to do for God's kingdom and are sowing seeds that will be harvested by God. However, we may not be sowing good seeds. I am sorry I am rambling on and on and on, but I say all this because I truly am proud of my brother for laboring for God's sake. I am sure that there are many (including me) who would be hesitant, scared, or just plain apathetic about spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the world. I mean most of us worry about things that do not have any eternal value. I know that there are those who have criticized and called my brother ignorant for his strong belief in God's word and his zeal for reaching those for Christ. I know that my brother truly has a heart for God's people and does not want anyone he knows or loves to quote one of my favorite songs, "gain the whole world, but lose his soul." If he steps on your toes, then so be it. He would not be doing his job if he said everything you wanted to hear instead of what the truth of God's word says. THAT IS HIS JOB and you should expect no less from him! (Actually, that should be the job of all of us. How can you call yourself a Christian and sugarcoat God's word to suit others because you are afraid they might get mad at you, quit being your friend, or call you ignorant?) If they call you ignorant, then they are truly calling Christ ignorant, not you. The truth of the matter is that my parents and I are bothered more by the comments made toward Scott. As a parent myself, I know it must be a sheer act of faith for my parents to place their only son in God's hands while he labors outside this country every day. It really doesn't bother Scott what others say about him. His kingdom vision is so keen............ he doesn't see anything as a personal attack on him.
I am reminded of several verses when I think of my brother............
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20
"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:10
His wife Susanne was able to visit this past week. I think the sunset in the background is beautiful! Of course, I think the couple is too! Ha!

Visiting a local school..............
A baptism on the beach (Praise God!) and visiting a local orphanage............
I urge you to pray for:
our military chaplains
our missionaries
our pastors
any Christian who is standing up for their beliefs in a hostile environment (our world and government is growing more and more hostile toward Christian beliefs everyday)
our troops GOD BLESS THEM AND PROTECT THEM! AND, BRING THEM HOME SAFELY!
any American working outside this country, especially in a war zone (There are many Americans doing contract work in Afghanistan and Iraq)
And, I will be praying for all of you as you fight the fight of faith daily. God knows it is not easy, but He will supply the strength you need to endure it. Remember that anything we do for God, whether it be just sending a card to a sick friend or going on a mission trip.......... none of it is ever in vain.
And just to think...I used to beat you up nearly every day! Thanks for the kind words. But if you really knew the real "Scott" then you'd take all that down!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post! I know you are so proud of your brother, and I am so impressed with him, too. What he does is so brave and so giving.
ReplyDelete