I have been neglecting the blog lately.......... But, anyway......... Thanksgiving.......... I am finding more and more in life that what we dread the most does not always turn out to be as bad as we think it will be. Thanksgiving morning dawned and I was up early because I did not sleep that great for two reasons, one of my former student's dad died suddenly and one of Brookie's tractors burned up, and I do mean burned completely up. Now, looking at these two situations makes me think of this verse from 1 Corinthians 4:17-18 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." Death is horrible..........just horrible. I just do not know any other way to describe it. Losing Uncle Snuffy in June was absolutely devastating to my family. You see, in our human thinking, we have treasured each holiday and family get-together because we thought that my Nanny, who is 85, would not be with us that much longer. So, our celebrations have centered around being with her. There's nothing wrong with that. I guess what I am trying to say is that what we think will happen doesn't always happen the way we think it will happen........God sometimes chooses to take those that we least expect Him to take before He takes others. If there is any good that can come out of losing someone so dear to us, it is this.......... It has reminded my family of what is important, to cherish each moment with EVERY family member. Also, I read a blog Thanksgiving morning with tears flowing down my face. You can visit her site here: http://mla-crownofglory.blogspot.com/ Just let me add too that the tractor burning up was not good at all. We had lots of money invested in it, but compared to the troubles of others on this day, it was nothing......... just nothing. As Brookie said, "It could be so much worse. No one was hurt and we are still very blessed." So, thanksgiving has come and gone, and we made it through it. I'm not saying that we didn't cry some and didn't think of Uncle Snuffy. It is not easy losing someone. But, God gives us grace to meet each day. When we are weak, then He is strong. Please keep those who have lost a loved one recently in your prayers, especially those who lost a loved one suddenly. I believe with all my heart that one reason we are able to stand in these times is because of the prayers being offered up on our behalf.
Here are some Thanksgiving pictures:
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
No comments:
Post a Comment