The kids had a great Christmas............
Here are a few things I will remember from this Christmas.......
Ever heard of The Elf on the Shelf?

The Elf on the Shelf would have been so much fun when the kids were younger. I bought one this year anyway even though I knew they were getting a little old for one. I bought one for my cousin Stone's birthday, too. Stone is 5 (I think) so his elf had a little more fun than ours. First of all, Dwayne did not believe in the elf's power to leave the house every night while they were sleeping to tell Santa how good or bad they had been. You aren't supposed to touch the elf , or he will lose his power. Dwayne tried to irritate me everyday by touching the elf constantly, while hollering, Oh no! He's losing his powers! Savell even got mad at Dwayne for doing that. Our elf's name was Leroy, while Stone named his Mr. Jingles. One night Stone went up to Mr. Jingles about 5 or 6 times telling him what Preston (Stone's older brother) was doing. Basically, Stone made sure Mr. Jingles knew how bad Preston was, and how good he was! Stone couldn't wait to get up each morning to see where Mr. Jingles was.
I enjoyed being with my Nanny this Christmas. She has endured a rough year..........We are all so thankful for each day that God gives us with her.
Someone gave me some pajamas. What is so memorable about this? They are size "age 13-14". Needless to say, they are way too little.
This past Sunday, I was reminded again that all of us are part of the Christmas story. God came to the world in the form of a baby and grew up to die for all of us.
As the year draws to a close, I think that the predominant theme of this year has been "change" and "loss". My life has changed and our family experienced a loss that we were not expecting. Someone said this the other day........... I wrote it down because to me, it summarizes my feelings as 2009 ends.
"Just because things are the way they are today.......... doesn't mean they will be that way next year............ or even tomorrow." Enjoy life and those you love because you do not know what tomorrow may bring. I know I look at things completely different than I did 6 months ago.There are people who were speaking to me 6 months ago who are not now because my children changed schools. At the same time, there are people who ARE still speaking to me that were before the change. Now, these are true friends, and the rest............. well, they never were my friends. I do not need friends who base our friendship on where I send my kids to school. In fact, I am finding that true friends are few and far between. One thing I have constantly told myself the past six months is this ....... I am here to glorify and please only God, not man.
I am hoping to always remember the good from 2009, learn from the hardships, and forget the things that do not matter!
If I do not get to post before New Year's.......... Happy 2010! I know I am looking forward to a new year, and I am excited about what God has in store for all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment