School officially started this past Wednesday. This will be the first "full" week of school. My daughter is in the 7th grade, and my son is in the 5th grade this year. Oh my goodness! Where did the time go? I cannot believe that my sweet baby girl is in Junior High this year! I would be lying if I didn't confess that I'm a little nervous. I mean I know that Junior High is usually a tough transition for most children. Well, you know this is about the age when most children decide their parents are morons, or at least the most uncool people on the planet. I can already see some of these traits coming out in my daughter. I know that I will make it........... of that, I'm sure. I just want her to be able to experience this time in her life fully without anything bad happening to her emotionally, mentally, or physically.
My son will be in the 5th grade as I've already mentioned. I have already told him that we are going to start this year off right! I'm sure that went in one ear and out the other.......... But, anyway..... He will have 4 different teachers this year. So far, so good!
As far as sports go, my daughter is playing softball right now, and my son is playing peewee football. It has been so terribly hot, and I hope we get some relief from this heat soon! I really worry about all of the people out working in this heat, and especially the children out practicing football and other sports. I may be having a lapse of memory, but I do not remember it being this hot for so many days in a row before. Back in the winter, I said that I couldn't wait for it to get warm because it was soooooo cold, but I think I am just never satisfied because now I just want it to get cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
No comments:
Post a Comment