

Christian Zacharias Savell, born October 30, 2010. 5 lbs, 9 oz. This is our family's little miracle baby. My brother and his wife thought they would never have children, and had accepted that. Until..... God surprised them this past April with an unexpected pregnancy. Did I mention they are both 39? Ha ha! God certainly has a sense of humor. We are so excited over this little bundle of JOY! He is just perfect! Zachariah means "God remembered". Yes, I believe God did remember..... all the pain of miscarriages, tubal pregnancies, and one failed invitro. What a blessing God has given our family this year. Praise Him for He is good and His love endures forever! Oh.... They are calling him "Christian". I cannot wait to meet him this Thanksgiving.
An excerpt from an email Scott sent: His name says something about his mama, and me, and the Lord. Susanne and I met 20 years ago in Pass Christian, Mississippi, hence the first name Christian. Zacharias comes from Luke 1, the story of Zacharias and Elizabeth who were childless and who had obviously prayed at one time or another for a child and perhaps thought God had not heard their prayer or forgotten about them. The name means "God remembered" God remembered us, even in our old age. Ha ha!
Oh dear JD...he is so adorable! I am so happy you dropped by and invited me to visit. I can't remember when I was last here...it seems so long ago and I have lost touch. This looks like a new blog, the template is so lovely, everything looks new.
ReplyDeleteI love the name...Christian Zacharias... and they opted for the old fashioned version, not the modern one like Zachary...
As I read the story, the name John and Isaac were also coming to mind. A dear friend also had an unexpected baby at age 39, and they named him Joel (for the Lord promised that He will restore all the years that the locust has eaten)...
It is good to reconnect with you, and thanks for visiting my blog. I have missed you. It is always good to hear from you.
Did you read on my blog that my second son got married a year ago, and now, this month's end we are looking forward to another grandson, named Andre Elijah!
See you around...
Love
Lidj