Thursday, October 28, 2010
Just when you think it can't get any worse....
Someone dredges up your past........... You know the ones.... the people in your life who love to point out everything you ever did in your past that was wrong or sinful. It always reminds me of the devil for he is the "accuser", and he basically knows we are untouchable as children of God, but oh how he loves to mess with our minds. My past....... I've never said I was perfect and have done lots of things I'm not proud of today. However, I believe in a God that forgives ALL our sins. In fact, when we repent and ask him to forgive us, He does just that. He tosses it into the "sea of forgetfulness" and if you bring it up tomorrow, He really doesn't know what you're talking about because you see, he forgave you yesterday, and he forgot it too! So, anytime someone wants to remind you of your past, don't get mad, get glad because God has already forgiven you. The other thing I think about when someone wants to remind me of my past sins is that God allowed me to fall into that particular sin because He knew that eventually I would cry out to Him for help, and I would return to Him. I believe He allows us to do some things to teach us life lessons that no one could explain to us any other way. He is all about developing our character, and hopefully one day when we stand before Him, he will say, "Thy good and faithful servant." I have always hoped that my children will see me as a "real" person that struggles with sin just like they do and will as they grow up. I hope that when they see me stumble and fall, and return to the Lord for help, that they do the same as they grow up. I'm not saying I WANT them to sin; I just know that temptations will come, and sometimes they will fall, but God and I will always be there to wipe their tears, and forgive them. We are God's children, and He loves us. He is always willing to forgive and forget our sins. Stop letting people use your past against you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
No comments:
Post a Comment