http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yurDPG6SiA
Dwayne wanted a new pair of boots. Actually, the child never quits wanting, but anyhoo... that's another post, another day. I went in one shop and the pair of boots he wanted was $255. Yep, your eyes aren't deceiving you. That's two hundred fifty-five smackeroos. I said, "Look, Dwayne, that's too much money for a pair of boots. Let's go down the road to this other store, and see if we can find you some that are cheaper." I had actually told him I was willing to pay around 150. I know that sounds crazy, but I stupidly thought that he would surely not try to find some that were right at let's say.... $149.99. I just want everyone to know that we traveled about 5 miles down the road, and bought THE EXACT SAME PAIR of boots for $110. Now, why in the world would the other store overprice themselves that much? I don't get it! Anyway, the child is so proud of his boots. He took them out of the box on the way home, and marveled at them. In fact, his sister was in the back seat rolling her eyes every time, he looked at the boots, and said, "I really love my boots!" I told him he better jump like a bullfrog the next time I tell him to do something. So far, he jumped on some laundry and started folding it as soon as I dumped it on the couch. Now, that's progress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
I loved this post JD... a mother's heart will not stop at anything. And yes, your children will remember you...AND LOVE YOU...for it!
ReplyDeleteHad not been around your blog much...but I'm so glad I dropped by today.
Love
Lidj