Thursday, August 27, 2009

I felt like Scooter..........

Yesterday, I mowed grass. We have a couple of rather large yards and it usually takes at least 3 hours to mow both of them. After mowing the yards yesterday, I pulled up to the gas tank to refill the mower. I screwed the top off of the tank and looked in to see that the mower had hardly used any gas. I thought to myself, this new mower does not use any gas......... how strange. (That should have been a clue.) I decided I would drive about a mile down the road to my parents' house to cut their grass, too. Well, about half way there, with mamie, my cocker spaniel, sitting at my feet, the mower just quit. No matter what I did, I could not get it to crank back up. I was sitting in the middle of the gravel road looking really stupid. I called my daddy and said, "Daddy, the mower went dead and I do not have a clue what is wrong with it." He said, "Does it have gas?" I replied, "Oh yes, I filled it up before I left." Daddy arrived and we both looked at it and looked at it. Finally, daddy said, "Apparently, you have two gas tanks on this thing, and this one is bone dry." I felt really stupid........ all I had to do was flip a switch, and the mower cranked right up. I thought of the scene in Slingblade where Scooter cannot get this mower to crank no matter what he does. Carl walks up, checks the gas tank, and says..... "It ain't got no gas in it." The repair shop owner looks at Scooter and says, "See Scooter, he always thinks of the simple things first."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...