Monday, September 14, 2009
Goodbye Mamie........
Maybe the reason why I have not posted is because I did not want to write this! Last Saturday, I got a call from the vet letting me know that Mamie did not make it through the heartworm treatment. He told me that he was surprised because she was doing so well that morning. When he went back to check on the animals that afternoon, she had died. Poor Mamie........ I am gonna miss my sweet girl! I have had a tangle of emotions about this......... ranging from guilt over putting her through the treatment to just plain ole sadness because she had been my constant companion over the past several weeks with Brookie working out of town, the kids going back to school, and me at home alone for the first time in years. She had been traveling with me almost everywhere I went and spending her days by my side. I guess God knew her time on earth was short. Right now, I will remember her sweet face and her love of riding.......... riding in the car, on the lawnmower, in the Rhino........ just anywhere. She would hop in anyone's car thinking she was going to get to ride. I hope I am able to post my favorite picture of her later. It is a picture of her sitting in a chair with Dwayne about 6 years ago. Right now, I am off to Jackson to take Dwayne for his fall asthma checkup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
Oh dear JD,
ReplyDeleteI don't know what to say at a time like this, but just want you to know I'm with you, feeling with you. Words are never enough, and often, they get in the way. My heart wants to reach out to you.
May God's comfort be real.
Love
Lidj
I'm sorry! I know that's tough.
ReplyDelete