Saturday, September 19, 2009

The new dogs....

Bella & Mia
Let's Shake!

Savell holding Bella, Willie, and Mia
Notice Mia's extra large tongue. It looks huge in this picture! Savell and the dogs had just finished playing a game of fetch.
Before you read this, I will go ahead and answer the question you may be asking yourself.... Yes, I am crazy! After losing Mamie, I sat around and cried every time I thought of her. And, I felt so guilty for putting her through the treatment. My aunt, who recently lost a pet, suggested I go ahead and get another dog. She said I would always miss Mamie, but somehow, a new puppy gives you something to focus on, rather than being sad. Well, Daddy and I went one day to Kosciusko to look at some Cocker Spaniel puppies. I chose a male, black and tan puppy. He is so sweet and we have named him Willie. Before getting Willie, I had called about several dogs including two older Cocker Spaniels that a couple was trying to get rid of because they were moving and could not take the dogs. After I already had Willie, the people called me twice about coming to look at the dogs. I was hesitant, but decided I would at least go look at them. Brookie, Savell, and I went late one afternoon to the middle of nowhere to look at the dogs. I was planning to get the younger one. Well, Brookie said, "you might as well get both of them." I could not believe he said that.....totally out of character for him. So, long story short, I now have 3 dogs. Bella is an 8 month old white and red parti-colored cocker and Mia is a two year old black and tan cocker. The dogs are so smart. They love to play fetch, shake hands/paws, and know how to sit. Willie, of course, just follows them around everywhere they go. I still think of Mamie everyday, and I still miss her. Thanks to everyone who sent me a message of comfort after losing her. Your words meant more to me than you will ever know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...