Saturday, September 26, 2009
Homecoming Parade
This past Friday, we enjoyed watching the Homecoming Parade put on by the school. Our old school used to have a homecoming parade, but they quit having it because it got to be so expensive and none of the kids would work on the floats. I hated that! Growing up, I used to love working on the floats, spending fun times with friends, and watching the homecoming parade. I am glad that Manchester still has a parade.
I loved this little green car.
Dwayne was riding in the cotton trailer, but he must have been on the other side. So, pretend you see him.
This red Dodge Ram truck belonged to Brookie's brother, Billy Dwayne. After he died, his wife sold it to a man from Yazoo City. The man still owns it and it looks really good. Brookie told me that it had a new paint job and the seats had been recovered, too. I still think it was neat to see Billy Dwayne's truck pulling the Senior Float.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...

No comments:
Post a Comment