Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hustle and Bustle........ or not

Well, I got a new vehicle Friday around 2:00 p.m. and then we drove home, bought a tag, got some traveling money out of the bank, threw some clothes in a suitcase, and set out for South Carolina at about 5:00 p.m. If you are asking yourself this question? Are they crazy? Well, the answer is yes..... Traveling with Brookie or just plain doing anything with him is always an adventure or at least an oddball way of doing things. We traveled all night...... literally..... we arrived in Aiken, South Carolina at 6:00 a.m. Brookie's mom, Elizabeth and two sisters, Dori and Karen live in Aiken, South Carolina. He also has a host of relatives that live in the area. Well, back to our arrival. We arrived at 6 and Brookie instantly says..."I wonder if the hotel is gonna try and charge us an extra day since it's only 6:00". Ok..... this is not a good sign for me because 1) I am extremely sleepy and really want to fall into a Hampton Inn heavenly bed. and 2) I know my money pinching husband and I know without a doubt that number 1 is not going to happen. Remember I had just earlier spent 3 hours in a car dealership watching him defiantly say, "I will give this price for the vehicle or I'm leaving". So, of course they were going to charge us an extra day and of course I didn't see the heavenly bed until nighttime (ugh..... visions of sugarplums dancing in my head will have to wait) Thankfully, Dori is an early riser so Brookie went and woke her up. I got into our niece Bethany's bed and slept for about 4 hours. When I woke up, I seriously felt like I had been on an all night drunk..... and remembered why I quit drinking and gave up the party scene. Today, I am sitting at Dori's..... I have already been to Wal-mart and can add another reason why Wal-mart originated in hell..... had my buggy loaded with stuff and the cashier informed me I could not buy it until 1:30 (Son of a Beep). I am hoping I can take some pictures to post later. Oh, and Dwayne wiped my blackberry clean...... Every number is gone forever to some cellular heaven in the sky. I can't believe it, but it is true.

1 comment:

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...