In this picture.... Brea Domino, Camden Forbes, Meagan Grisham, Addie McLendon, Hayley Hill, and SavellI love watching basketball games, but it is so much more enjoyable when it is my child playing. I was so proud of her!
In February 2008, I turned 32..... which got me to thinking..... Brookie's brother was 32 when he was killed and my friend Rita died when she was 32...... and it really hit me how young 32 really is. I mean I knew it was young, but when I turned 32 it was like.... WHOA! Nanny turned 84 this past February. I am thankful that she is still with us! My Nanny grew up during the Great Depression. In highschool, Mrs. Halbrook had us interview people who grew up during that time period. Nanny told me that her mother made her dresses out of flour sacks. And, that they were already poor and they raised their own food so they did not have it as hard as some people up North did. Nanny is a tough old bird. She has congestive heart disease and still fights to be active to this day. She refuses to lie down in the bed all day. She makes herself get up. I admire her for that. Nanny makes the best homemade cathead biscuits. She taught me how to make them when I was a teenager, but hers are still the best. Some of the other grandchildren used to fight over the middle biscuit. I never could figure that one out..... they were all delicious to me.... no matter what part of the biscuit pan they came from.
I attended the Junior Senior Banquet as an adult this past February, too. Brookie actually dressed up in his suit! His suit is usually only reserved for funerals...... I did not get a picture though..... (what was I thinking?) I stayed for the dance (until the very end). I enjoyed watching the kids dance and listening to the band (they played classic rock).
This was the best picture I could find of myself.......... I am not sure why James is giving the picture taker a thumbs up????? Probably don't want to know either.Dwayne raced in the Boy Scouts Pinewood Derby this past February, too. He and his dad built the car (if I remember correctly..... a couple nights before the race). We always procrastinate at our house, but that is o.k........ we work well under pressure! Ha!
Early March brought a beautiful snowfall....... but it did not really stick to anything........ Dwayne and Savell did manage to scoop up enough to make snow ice cream......
Early March brought a beautiful snowfall....... but it did not really stick to anything........ Dwayne and Savell did manage to scoop up enough to make snow ice cream......
April and May......... most of my time was spent working on the Senior Play, The Wizard of Oz. It was my first play to direct and I learned a lot. My students got to see "the good, the bad, and the very ugly" part of me. In the end, I was very proud of my students and would be willing to do it again. They are truly a great group of kids and will always hold a special place in my heart.By the time June arrived, we were into baseball and softball full swing.........literally. Savell played softball at one park and Dwayne played baseball at another park. Savell was not too crazy about softball, but Dwayne loves baseball. His team went undefeated and he made the All-Star team. By the time, he played his all-star game.... it was HOT!!!

July through August......... We traveled to South Carolina and visited with our family right before school started. Savell made a profession of faith and joined the church. Each time I see God working in her sweet heart it increases MY faith in Him. She has such a heart for God to be so young. It's amazing!
September........... I was handed over control of homecoming at the last minute. I decided to not stress out over it so I didn't. October through November......... anything notable that happened during this time period is already on here and I am tired now so I am ending this post..... Happy New Year! I hope 2009 is even better than 2008!
No comments:
Post a Comment