Last night, I went to choir practice and afterwards went out to eat with my bible study group aka my best friend girls.... We ate at Hometown in Inverness. It was a lot of fun sitting around laughing and remembering the whole year. We studied two Beth Moore studies this year (Patriarchs, and The Psalms of Ascent) and one Priscilla Shirer study (Can We Talk?). Out of these three, my favorite was probably Patriarchs because of the historical nature of the study. Some of the things that took place in our group over the past year include Kenzie moving, my daughter Savell making a profession of faith and joining the church, Kathy finding out she is carrying triplets, Mary Katherine's nephew James being born, Ruth's husband Jeff being at the top of his class in the Radiology program at MDCC, Alatha surviving a bad wreck, Mandy and her husband finally having their kids adoption go through, and Velmarie's grandchild being seizure free for over 2 months now. God has truly blessed us! Even though we have experienced struggles throughout the year, God has never left our side. I am so glad that I can call these women friends. Our group is truly unique.
While I was gone last night, Dwayne and Brookie gave the kittens a bath. There's nothing really that unusual about this except the way they gave the bath. Brookie put all of the kittens in their cage and sat it in the shower in the Pool House and then he turned the shower on. I asked him what they did. He said that they hollered the whole time. Ya think? I personally think he and Dwayne need to be turned into the PETA people or possibly have their heads examined.
If you're wondering about my diet..... I am still trying, but seemed to have gained about 4 lbs over Thanksgiving holidays. Oh well..............
Tomorrow, I am off to a teacher's meeting in Jackson. I plan to do a little shopping.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
No comments:
Post a Comment