Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Yesterday, we traveled 8 hours to see my brother and his wife. He serves as a chaplain in the Air Force. He and his wife, Susanne live on Scott Air Force Base which is located in Belleville, Illinois. Belleville is located across the Mississippi River, from St. Louis. (not sure if that sentence is grammatically correct!) I have spent the day being extremely LAZY. I think I have a bit of jet lag, even though I traveled here in a suburban. During our travels yesterday, I discovered that my father's driving now scares me more than ever. Dwayne was sleeping on the back seat (not buckled in....which is extremely out of the ordinary for my children).... anyway... daddy slammed on the brakes and threw Dwayne in the floorboard. I guess that was the only scary part of the trip. Do any of you remember when we were growing up that we never wore a seatbelt and that a lot of time we slept on the back dash of the car? Also, that a lot of cars had cigarette lighters in the back of the car? It was completely normal for us to sit on the "hump" as I liked to call the middle part of the front seat (where the arm rests were). Nowadays, everytime we get in our car, we ask our children if they are wearing a seatbelt......... Lately, Dwayne has to be asked about three or four times during a trip whether or not he is wearing his.

I have always heard that whatever you do the first day of the year will be what you will be doing the majority of the year.... or maybe I dreamed that? Well, if so, then I will be spending my days taking naps, freezing, and reading the Twilight saga.

All in all, I hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...