Sunday, January 18, 2009

Savell's birthday - January 16







This past Friday was my baby girl's 11th birthday. She celebrated by going to the movies and having a slumber party.
In other news.......... I am still sick and feel awful. The fact that I am sick is not helping my diet or exercise plan. Today is actually a pretty day that is perfect for walking, but I am indoors tapping away on my computer, taking cold medicine which makes me slightly grouchy and drugged at the same time, and listening to my Ipod. I hope I feel better tomorrow because it's a holiday. Last night I went to bed at 5:30 and slept until 9:30. I got up and ate some leftover birthday cake and went back to sleep. (not exactly on the diet) I slept until 8:30 this morning and then dozed on and off while FoxNews was playing on T.V. So, I dreamed this morning that Brookie was elected President of the United States and we were preparing to inaugurate him. I guess I dreamed this because all that was on Fox this morning while I was sleeping was Barack O'Bama's inauguration coverage. I do not think Brookie was amused when I told him what I dreamed. If you know Brookie, being compared to Barack is not a compliment. But, I take no responsibility for what I dream. Maybe it means I think subconsciously that Brookie is President material, but I seriously doubt it. Can you imagine what shape this country will be in within 4 years? Then again, O'Bama will probably do just as good of a job as the rest of them have.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to the birthday girl - that is THE CUTEST cake! Who did it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Savell and the cake is super cute! Carly turns 9 in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ?Alatha Cochran made the cake. She is married to Steve Cochran. She makes the best cakes. They not only look really good, but are delicious too.

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...