Friday, January 23, 2009

Giggle Moments

Well, another school week down and let's see 70 something days to go???? I don't know........ I try not to count the days, but some days make me long for summer vacation. Take today for instance...... it was an o.k. day I guess until one of my students was very and when I say very I mean VERY disrespectful to me. Days like today wear me out....... I am going to describe myself and it probably will not make sense but here it goes..... I am a really sweet person, tenderhearted and very compassionate......... but I also have a bad temper and tend to fly off the handle easily.... You may ask yourself ........ how can you be sweet, tenderhearted, compassionate yet have a bad temper? I don't know....... perhaps we should ask God that question when we get to Heaven....... I am SURE He knows. Have you ever had questions that you have reserved only for God? Now I know we are not supposed to question God, but I just WONDER these things..... like,,,,,,,,,,,, What are mosquitoes for? Fire ants and wasps? I know.... I know they serve a purpose but they are so MEAN!!!!! Anyway, I guess I should change the subject now....... in another blog the subject of the post was Now, this made me giggle. Since I could use a little giggling right now....... I am going to search my pictures for some moments that made me giggle.
I think Savell is 2 in this picture. In the first picture, I probably initially said, "Ewww, Savell!" I love the way she looks like she knows she has done wrong in the first picture. But, in the second picture, she seems to be so proud, with potting soil all over her face. Why are kids so proud of themselves when they do things like this?

For some reason, Savell was without a top a lot during this time period. Looking back, I cannot really remember why. Sometimes she would be running around with only a pullup on. One time at a family reunion, I looked and she had completely stripped down to her birthday suit. (She would kill me if I posted that) In this picture, she is trying to look like her PapPaw. She put my glasses on (upside down) and grabbed a book to read. Daddy always sits in his chair with his glasses perched on his nose and works a crossword or sometimes reads a book. I remember laughing at her because she is trying so hard to curve her lips in a certain way to look like he does when he is thinking........




Ok......... I promise I was not torturing her. Imagine that you as a mother think that you have found the perfect Halloween costume for your 2 year old daughter. You cannot wait for Halloween because she is going to look so cute.......... Well, Savell HATED this costume. As soon as I put it on her, she started crying. I took her outside (because kids usually hush when you take them outside, right?)......... Not her, she fell out in the yard, crying hysterically. I still do not know what it was about this costume. We still laugh thinking about how adamant she was that she was not wearing this.

Now........ on to Dwayne..........

As you can see with the second child, I had enough sense to dress him in a cute costume before he was old enough to know how goofy he looked. His Aunt Dori bought these cow outfits for him and her daughter Delta. Dwayne is on the left looking like........ "Oh my goodness I don't really know what is going on here....." and Delta looks like she really likes her outfit. I showed this to Dwayne tonight and he said....."ugh, mama, why did you dress me like that?"


This was Dwayne's "I Am So Proud of Myself" moment. On this day, I noticed that I did not hear him and went to check to see what he was doing. When I found him, he was drawing away with a permanent marker all over his legs. I think he told me, "Look mama, I am Tigger!" Of course, it was a Kodak moment! My friend Jennifer laughed so much at this picture that she wanted a copy for herself so she would be able to walk by it at home and instantly laugh. She said, "He just looks so proud of himself!"

Well, looking back I am so glad I took the time to pull my camera out and capture these moments even if they were a bit silly. My children were always entertaining themselves. This sure has been fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...