I am actually proud of myself! I managed to stick to my diet and walk this week. I am glad that I seem to be back on track. I even said no to cheesecake at lunch. Now, that took some effort. I planned to walk this afternoon, but took a nap instead. I feel well rested now and am ready for another week in the trenches. My friend Susan told me that "setting a goal/reason to lose weight for" (I hope that makes sense) helps her stick to her diet. Well, I now have two goals in mind..... Catfish Festival weekend, Humphreys Academy will be having a HUGE class reunion so I want to be ready for that. That's my first goal. My second goal is a cruise that I am going on with the Seniors. Susan is going to lend me some dresses and if I plan to wear them I need to lose more weight. So, that's two goals......
Last night, I caught a rerun of Larry King Live..... The show was about Oprah gaining 40 lbs..... Now, I must say that I do not agree with Oprah on many things..... including her support of Obama and her religious/spiritual views.... (she is headed down the wrong path to say the least). But, anyway I watched it because Larry had Dr. Oz and Bob Green (the diet/health men that advise Oprah) on the show. Some of the things that they said that I need to remember are that 1) Muscle helps you burn fat...... and the older we get the more muscle mass we lose..... and 2)Stress plays a big role in gaining weight and our inability to lose it (especially belly fat). 3) Also, getting enough ..... well a TRUE, good night's sleep plays a role in our ability to lose weight. According to Oz, not resting well throws off brain signals (I think I have the sleep part taken care of... )
Savell's basketball tournaments kicked off this past Saturday. I think they played extremely well. They have improved greatly since last year. I am so proud of them. Her birthday is this weekend and she plans to have a slumber party (oh joy!). Saturday, she plays in another tournament at Sharkey.
Dwayne went hunting again today with Billy Jr. He missed a deer (unfortunately), but plans to go again before the season ends. I hope he gets one!
Savell made the Headmaster's list and Dwayne made the Honor Roll. I am so proud of them.
Brookie is still on his diet as well and his sugar seems to be getting better. He is also exercising!
I am so proud of all of them! I hope everyone has a great week! I think it may get really cold later this week....... so prepare to freeze.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
I'm on the get healthy bandwagon, too. Good luck to us all!
ReplyDelete