It really is amazing the difference the sun can make in my day. I was happy to see the sun today and to feel its warmth through my window at school. I actually went walking today so that means I am thus far sticking to my resolutions. Did I mention I lost a pound this past week? Woo Hoo for me! But, I must confess..... I daydream about food......... eating endless shrimp at Red Lobster...... steak and a loaded baked potato.......but I have not cheated yet... so that's good. Yesterday I had a student ask me to help them with a research paper topic...... well not exactly "the" topic, but an exercise to help her find a topic. The exercise instructed them to fill in the following sentence: I wonder ______________________________. This of course got me to thinking.......... I wonder:
1. While walking today, I wondered why sometimes you can see the moon while it is still daylight outside.
2. I wonder why some kids today are so disrespectful and think I want to hear things that I DO NOT want to hear.
3. I wonder why our roads in Humphreys county are in such disrepair while my property taxes keep going up up up.....
4. I wonder how it feels to be a bird flying around in the sky looking down below at everything.
5. I wonder why some people are so skinny yet they eat everything in sight? Why can't I be one of these people?
6. I wonder if Britney Spears will keep it together this year? (Not really.... I don't care)
7. I wonder why God made men to be so hardheaded when it comes to health and going to the doctor?
8. I wonder why you can't go out and listen to a band in the Delta without seeing an all out redneck fight..... and sometimes with women involved?
9. I wonder how news shows and reality shows became so popular and what ever happened to great sitcoms like The Cosby Show, Family Ties, Kate and Allie, Growing Pains, etc.?
10. I wonder where did the time go? It seems like yesterday I was browsing the cassette section in Kmart in Yazoo City and now I am searching ITunes to put music on my IPod???? Geez.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
No comments:
Post a Comment