Today, I went to a meeting about the Senior Trip. This is actually the first (and only) meeting about the trip I have ever been to. First of all, the cruise was canceled. The swine flu really is having an impact. Secondly, I sat and watched the parents and kids try to decide what to do at this point. Many wanted to take another cruise which would be 7 days and would stop in another location. There were two different dates to pick from. On one date, two of the kids would not be able to go and on another date, one kid would not be able to go. As soon as I got to the meeting, I pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil. I wrote down one word, PROVIDENCE. What is providence? Well, let me tell you what the Webster's Student Dictionary says providence is. Providence is 1. divine guidance or care; also, an instance of such guidance or care 2. God, as guide and protector of men Also, when we think about providence one other word comes to mind, foresight. Now, Mr. Webster says that foresight is 1. the act or power of foreseeing; knowledge of something beforehand 2. the act of looking forward; a view forward 3. care or provision for the future. Now, call me crazy if you want to, but I believe that this trip being canceled is part of God's divine providence. I just truly believe in my heart that God is going before us and protecting us from something. Perhaps, it is the swine flu (you think?) or maybe, it is something far more dangerous. I think the kids have decided to go to Orlando, Florida. I will no longer be going as a chaperone which is FINE with me. We may never know why or how all of this happened, but I still stand by my belief that it is God's providence. He is going before us and protecting us. He is all-knowing and works EVERYTHING together for our good. I think the kids will still have a good time.
Now, everyone who truly knows me knows that I love frogs. Several years ago, I found out that Bill Clinton collects frogs. Well, I collect frogs too, but I have NOTHING in common with that man. To me, he will always be a toad. Anyway, I was working around my pool today and snapped a picture of a tree frog nestled in the arm of one of my frog figurines. 

I think it's cute, but I love frogs so.......... maybe it is a stretch for others to think so, but oh well.
Tomorrow, Dwayne has a ballgame.......... can't wait. Until tomorrow, FROG - Fully Rely On God.
Hi JD, I love this post, esp how you defined providence and foresight. Very well said. And you are right. God always does go before us, and behind us, as well.
ReplyDeleteIs that your cat on your blog sidebar?
The photo of the tree frog nestled on the arm of your frog figurine is really cute...
Enjoy your day.