Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tuesday night, Dwayne, along with his team, experienced their first loss in over a year. I repeat..... in over a year. The little boys have not lost a game for the past 14 games or so. So, it was time for them to lose. Of course, there were some unhappy little boys coming out of the dugout after the ballgame. But, in life, we must all face days of being on top of the world and days of being in the bottom of the sewer, so to speak. Dwayne was so mad and several of his teammates were crying like babies. It was really a bad night for all of them, and no one person is to blame for their loss. They have another game tonight, and I hope that they pull out a win. But, if they do not........ it's not the end of the world........... we aren't playing for money! Savell did try to comfort Dwayne by saying, "Look, Dwayne, how do you think I felt last year when my softball team didn't win a game?"

Savell was reading her bible last night before bed. I was sitting there and she said, "mama, listen to this...." She proceeded to read a verse out of Hosea. I cannot remember it word for word, but it mentioned a woman's breast. She finished reading, looked at me, and said, "Now, mama, what does that mean?" I said, "I don't know......... and why don't you just flip over to Corinthians? It's probably safer there." Hee Hee

2 comments:

  1. Oh, bless your daughter's heart! I love your witty response!

    Your prior post on providence is very inspiring. I strongly believe in God's providence. He sees all, knows all. There is a reason for everything.

    Many blessings to you.

    In Christ's Love,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful opportunity to say, "Why don't you ask your Uncle Scott." But oh no, we couldn't do that...I mean, after all, he's so theologically sound and straight-laced in his theology that he might lead her down paths of righteousness for His name's sake!

    --Treasuring Christ / Making Disciples / Finishing Well--

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...