Monday, June 8, 2009
Life returns to normal......... hopefully
Well, all of the family has gone home. Aunt Smitty, Jason, and Ashley arrived back in Oregon late Saturday night. My brother, Scott and his wife, Susanne arrived back in Illinois around ten Saturday night. And, my cousin Joseph, who is in the navy, should be back in Virginia by now. Aunt Martha Jean and family returned to the coast. I still cannot believe that my Uncle Snuffy is gone, and I am so wanting the peace that surpasses understanding to surround me, and the rest of my family. Today has been the first day that seemed relatively normal. I got up this morning and took the kids to another bible school. If you are wondering, they usually attend every bible school in town. Not only does it give them nourishment in the Word, but it gives them something to do. They tend to get bored easily..... well, at least, the son does. Ever since he was a baby, he thinks he has to be entertained 24/7. After bible school, we went home to get Mamie, our cocker spaniel. We took her to get her yearly haircut. And, believe me, she needs it. I really think she knew where we were headed today. She has been so miserable with this heat. Nanny seemed to be a little better today. Losing a child is never easy, no matter how old you are. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about her. Her health is already not great, and losing Uncle Snuffy has been so hard for her. Tonight, I cooked supper for the first time in about a week. We have had so much good food in the last week. I truly am thankful for everyone who came to mama's house bringing food, but most of all, I am thankful for those who stood beside us during this horrible ordeal. Of course, I think I may have gained 5 lbs........, but I am still thankful. Dwayne plays his last baseball game tomorrow. I sure hope they win. Wednesday, we are starting a new study on Randy Alcorn's book, Heaven. How appropriate.......... So God. I am looking forward to it. I hope you all have a great week. Remember.......... "His mercies really are new every morning."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
I sure am sorry about Snuffy. I had some fun time with him during high school. But he is at peace and rest now and home for his eternity.
ReplyDeleteYou are inmy thoughts.
I understand how it feels, JD... but I will let my words be few. Just want you to know I'm around... though physically far, yet I will be keeping you close to my heart and in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteJD, I am so sorry for your precious loss. May the Holy Spirit be with you and give you and your dear family peace and comfort during this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteIn Christ's Love,
Andrea