Thursday, June 25, 2009

This Heat

Sorry I have not posted in several days! I actually was attending a teacher workshop hosted by the local conservation service. It was a very interesting workshop, and I now know more than I ever wanted to know about trees, bears, water insects, and how it feels to sit in a plastic chair for 10 hours a day. I have been spending a lot of time these days wondering about different professions such a dental hygentist........ well, now I am wondering about people who work for the forestry commission. I mean who sits around when they are little and think........ I love trees so much that I want to plant them all the time, cut them down, plant them again, and know all about how tall they are, how old they are, and gosh, I just love trees. Seriously, the tree man really was into trees. Did you know that they have a special yard stick for measuring trees? Neither did I, and I really do not know how I have lived this long without using one. But, anyway........ enough sarcasm.

This Delta heat is about to get the best of me. Yesterday, I sent Dwayne to feed his beagles and when he got out to the pen......... Elvis was dead! Poor little Sophie, his beagle sister, was sitting there having a fit! Now, had I known that Elvis was dead, I would not have sent my 9 year old out there to the pen. I mean I won't go into the details, but when you die in 100 degree heat in the middle of the day.......... well, it's not pretty, at all. In fact, it's quite gross. Now, for the PETA folks out there, may I say that Elvis and Sophie had a supply of water and food, and their pen is in the shade........... so I am assuming the dog died from heat or possibly he was sick? Ya think? Anyway........... the heat is bad. Now, today, I noticed the guy down the road burying his horse that was also dead. And, someone today told me their pig died from heat exhaustion, too.

Speaking of dogs............ we bought my dad the cutest Shih Tzu for Father's Day. We had Lhasa Apsos growing up and the Shih Tzu closely resembles them, except it does not get as big. I will post a picture later of the cute, little puppy.

For some reason today, I decided to cut my hair off. I guess it was a combination of the heat, and the fact that I am tired of pulling it up everyday looking like someone who is getting ready to attend an Amish convention. Right now, I love it, but I know that if I do not keep a good eye on it, it will resemble a lampshade before long. And, unless there is some "event" in which I need to have my picture taken, you probably will not see the new "do".

Well, I guess that's all for now. Hopefully, there will be no more heat related animal deaths. At this moment, Sophie is howling her little heart out, probably because she misses her brother!

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you, I always try to "find humor in everything", too.

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...