Well, I said I was going to post more South Carolina pics later. Well, it looks like I lied because, now I am sitting at my aunt's house in Texas. So, sorry......... I was not in South Carolina long enough to take anymore pictures. I mean I had to fit in some shopping, eating, and resting so the picture taking fell by the wayside. Yesterday, we arrived here at my Aunt Maxine's house in Texas. She had us a wonderful supper fixed when we got here........ roast, potatoes, carrots, gravy, macaroni noodles & tomatoes (if you have never tried that, you should), butter beans, rolls, and okra. Now.......... noodles and tomatoes. When I was growing up, my grandmother always had macaroni noodles in her vegetable soup. I have tried several different versions of noodles and tomatoes. Sometimes I just open a can of Campbell's tomato soup and add some cooked macaroni noodles to that. Dwayne used to call this "Rainy Day Soup" when he was a toddler. But, these older people here......... know how to make a macaroni and canned homemade tomato concoction. It is so good. I have never liked fresh tomatoes (I know that puts me in the weird category), but I have always loved cooked tomatoes. It takes me back to summer afternoons at my Nanny and Pappaw Smith's house. My PapPaw used to have a tomato garden that took up the entire backyard. When his bountiful harvest came in, he would start canning lots and lots of tomatoes. I still remember that smell and the tick tick tick of the pressure cooker as they canned those tomatoes. Y'all.......... I am not kidding, the smell was wonderful.
Well, I guess we are off to do something today.......... just not sure what that is at the moment. Goodbye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
No comments:
Post a Comment