Well, we head to Cleveland today for the first ballgame of the North State Dixie Youth Baseball Tournament. We will play one game tonight and possibly two tomorrow. It rained here last night, and apparently it rained in Cleveland too because they canceled the opening ceremonies that were supposed to be at 3 p.m. I can't help but stop here and say a very loud, "Praise God" because opening ceremonies are a complete waste of time to me. I am sure the people who work so hard to put them on don't think so, but when it is the middle of July in the Mississippi Delta...... well, opening ceremonies just seem like torture to me.
Brookie's first cousin died suddenly yesterday. It has come as a shock to us all. Please be in prayer for the family of Richie Kendall. Richie was such a joy to be around, and we are going to miss him tremendously. Also, Brookie's mom, aunt, and sister will be leaving South Carolina today to travel here for the funeral. So, pray for traveling mercies for them. It looks like I may not get to see them because I will be in Cleveland for the ballgames. Hopefully, I will get to come home Saturday night, but they could play Sunday as well.
Savell will be leaving for G.A. Camp Monday. She has already packed her suitcase. She went last year and enjoyed it. After she returns from camp, we will be packing up and heading to Texas to visit our relatives there.
I got this email this morning about Heaven. I want to share because Heaven has definitely been on my mind lately because I am doing this Bible Study and because we have experienced two shocking deaths in a row. It is actually an old poem that I am sure most of you have read before, but it is one of my favorites.
HEAVEN
I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its decor
But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp--
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics and the trash.
There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.
Herb, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.
I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?"
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.
"And why's everyone so quiet,
So somber - give me a clue."
"Hush, child," He said, "they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you."
Y'all have a great weekend! Find some time to enjoy your family and by all means, stay cool! It's still hot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
"Vessels of mercy, which he had before prepared for glory, us"!
ReplyDeletenice poem, and always remember...the 'Garden of Eden' went out of business a long time ago. Peace
ReplyDelete