Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dwaynisms

Should have started this one a long time ago, but anyway.....who said I was smart? Definitely, not me. My son always makes us laugh because he says the funniest or at least craziest things sometimes. So from now on, I will post Dwaynisms.

Now for one of my all time favorites..........
When Dwayne was in the second grade, I was teaching high school English (disaster). His teacher Mrs. Aycock walked down to my room one day and asked to see me. This is how the conversation went:

Mrs. Aycock: "I need to tell you what Dwayne did this morning."

Me (while thinking, Oh Lord.....): What did he do?

Mrs. Aycock: "Well, I asked him for his signed paper folder. And, when he brought it to me it looked like he had tried to sign your name. When I asked him about it, he said........ Well, my mama started to sign her name, but she forgot how to spell it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...