Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Fall with a splash of Christmas........(sorry I can't help myself)

Today Dwayne and I cooked up some good food. Well, I mostly did the cooking, but he helped for about 10 minutes. We cooked some baked spaghetti, sausage balls, chicken salad, grilled catfish, and chocolate cupcakes (reduced sugar for the diabetic in the house). If you are asking yourself, "does any of this stuff go together?" The answer is no. I cooked the spaghetti for a friend who just had a baby girl. The chicken salad was a new recipe I tried out of Ala Carte's cookbook. I used the leftover grilled chicken breasts we had last night. This recipe had bacon, pecans, and cavender's greek seasoning in it along with the regular chicken salad ingredients. I cooked the sausage balls because............... well,........ because I love them. The grilled catfish is what we actually had for supper tonight.
He is the best "cheddar cheese pourer (is that a word?)", I know.............



While I was cooking, I started listening to my new Chris Tomlin Christmas CD. It is awesome! I know it is early, but I tend to think we should celebrate Christ's birth all year.

I am one of those weird people who reads the album insert. I thought this was a true and profound statement. I read it to Brookie and he said, "well, I guess that is true." It seems like common sense, but I don't think we think about it this way sometimes. In the album insert, Chris Tomlin states, "Jesus is the only person who has ever chosen to be born. All glory and honor to him, for he has come to bring us peace." Take hold of that statement and let it sink in............ He chose to be born, knowing all that He would endure.............. because He loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...