Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Harvest.............

I was so elated to see the farm equipment working in the fields today. I am still praying that God will have mercy on our farmers and by some miracle all the rain has not totally ruined the crops.

Some scenes from my house..........
KeeKee says Happy Halloween............

I don't know why, but this is the first time in several years that I have even bothered decorating for fall. I think it is because I was always busy doing something school related. Anyway, I pulled out my decorations last weekend and had a fun time decorating. Each decoration has a memory tied to it. Notice the little pumpkin with suckers in it sitting on the table. Eugenia Keith, a friend of our family, gave that to Savell when she was about a year old. Eugenia is in heaven now. Pulling out this pumpkin and filling it with suckers reminded me of her.

This little guy has seen better days. I got him at the Canton Flea Market over 10 years ago. I had him in the attic and somehow his bag bled onto his ghost. Anyway, I plan to fix him a new costume. Surely I can do that, even if I am no Martha Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...