Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I promised myself I would blog today........

Y'all............ this rain is killing me! I keep thinking it is going to stop raining, and it doesn't. The weather reminds me of a dreary day in December, not October! I have now diagnosed myself with a case of the weather blues. I do not feel like doing anything! I am sure this has nothing to do with the Zyrtec-D I am taking for my stuffy nose. I guess that is something else to vent about on another day. A stuffy nose is just downright irritating! Anyway, the medicine makes me drowsy and it dries my skin out. My face right now has splotches of dry, red places that make me look like I had too much to drink last night. Going in and out of the house is also a problem. Mia, Bella, and Willie think that showing me how much they love me by jumping up ,putting their wet paws on my clothes makes me happy. Well, it doesn't. It is so nasty outside. The farmer down the road was trying to get his sweet potatoes harvested during one of the small breaks we had from rain last week. I am not faulting him at all because I know that he needs to get his crop out, but if you come see me you really need to slow down. The road is a mess. It reminds me of what a mud derby track must look like at the end of the race. Brookie and I are still married........... if you are wondering. We have not killed each other yet! Seriously, though, he really needs this rain to stop!

This past weekend, Savell and I went to Memphis to see Beth Moore and Travis Cottrell. It was awesome! The worship music was amazing and Beth delivered a message that I needed to hear. We spent the night with Casandra, Mrs. Sue, and Camden at Casandra's brother's house in Olive Branch. The rest of our group stayed in Memphis. We met up with them Saturday and had a fun time. We always have so much fun together............ laughing, joking, worshipping, singing, etc. I hope to post a group picture of us later. I was so glad that Savell got to go. Actually, I decided to go at the last minute. Friday morning, my car wouldn't stay cranked and Brookie ran over Willie (he is o.k.). I decided it was time to run away from home. It was a nice diversion............ even if it rained practically the whole time.

Well.......... I guess that's it for now, it is raining like crazy outside. Brookie says it is supposed to be gone by Thursday. I pray it will be..............this has truly been a month of testing. I still believe God is good. I have found myself counting my blessings daily. I know this is something we all should do anyway, but I am forcing myself to focus on what God has done for me, instead of how bad all this rain looks. I hope you all will find ways to focus on God's goodness and not the rain! Until then, I will be praying for it to stop, especially for my farming friends and my dirt moving husband.

1 comment:

  1. Hi JA, thanks for visiting! Hope you get lots of sunshine next week... and everything you're wishin for.

    Will be praying for you.

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...