Sunday, September 14, 2008

Boring Boring Boring........ DId I say Boring?

This weekend has been totally boring. I don't know if it's the rain or the fact that there is nothing for us to do right now. Brookie has not worked in four weeks due to the rain. I really am praying for some dry weather, not only for us, but for the farmers too. It is getting really scary. The economic situation is already bad with the high gas prices which make everything else go up. Then, you throw in a couple of hurricanes and you have got yourself a disaster. Anyway, enough about that. I fully expect to gain a couple of pounds this tuesday (weigh day). I guess the boredom has not helped my self-discipline. I have eaten way too much. It all started with the taco salad they had a school friday. It's been downhill ever since. This week should be fun. We will be celebrating homecoming this friday night at H.A. The kids will be working on billboards all week and dressing up every day. To say the least, there won't be a lot of learning going on this week. But, that's o.k. You have to have fun sometime. In other news, my family in Texas made it through Hurricane Ike with only a few trees down. (They live about 20-30 miles from Galveston) They will probably be without power for a month. We visited Galveston last summer and I just can't believe that it is now so devastated. Continue to pray for those people living in the Texas/Louisiana areas.

1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of this "fun" you speak of, Mrs. HistoryTeacher.

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...