Monday, September 8, 2008
Don't bring your cats here.......
Our house must be built on an ancient Indian burial ground. I tend to believe these Indians must have hated cats because all of our cats seem to have such bad luck around here. Dwayne's cat Emily (he brought her home at the end of 1st grade) had kittens this past April. Since that time, we have given two of them away and lost all of the others, but one. I simply looked at the last one today and said you need to watch your step.... you may be next. Seriously, we lost one a couple of weeks ago to circumstances that I am not at liberty to discuss and we lost a black and white one named Oreo today. I took him to the vet in Indianola today for what I thought was a cut, but it ended up being much more serious. He had apparently been run over (when, I don't know). He was so playful and cute. I think he may have been my favorite. Most people hate cats. I know this. But, kittens are fun to watch. One has to admit that much. Anyways... on the way home Savell and I were discussing the phrase "putting him to sleep". You know..... euthanasia (sp). Anyway, I told her that the vet was going to put him to sleep. And she said, "So, he is just going to sleep?" I had to tell her that "yes, he was going to sleep, but would wake up in heaven." This led to an even bigger discussion on whether or not animals go to heaven. All this from a ten year old.... Whew! I told her that I want to believe that God loves all his creatures and carries them home to heaven. Note: Please do not post any comments to discredit this because I will ignore them. So, we are sad today at the Duett house (well at least me, Dwayne, and Savell are). Brookie would NEVER let us know that he is the least bit sad even if he is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
Oh, goodness. See, this is me being selfish, but that is part of the reason we don't have any pets! I couldn't bear that part of it!
ReplyDelete