Sunday, October 5, 2008

Public School Parade in all its glory......




Friday, the kids and I went to the public school parade. I taught one year at Humphreys County Junior High (and lived through it). Anyway, we usually watch the parade every year. It it always entertaining.... at least to me. They always have several bands from around the Delta. I like marching bands, even if they are playing some rap song I don't even know. All kidding aside.... I think one of the bands was playing a Temptations song. They also have Mr. and Miss Everything..... really I am not exaggerating... They have everything from Mr. and Miss Ida Greene Elementary to Mr. and Miss Beta Club. Kay Carver, a friend of mine, works at the public school and her job involves getting the parade line up together. She told us that anyone can ride or walk in the parade. All they have to do is pay a small fee and turn in their name. So.... that's why there are people in it that have nothing to do with the school itself. My favorite one of these Friday was an old school bus that had been painted black. It belonged to some kind of transportation service. It had posters taped all down the side.... "We will take you to the roller skating rink", "We will take you to Gatty Town", "We will take you to the Casino", and my main most favorite.... "We will take all childrens age 1 - 21 to the dentist". My dad looked at me and said, "I am sorry, but when you get to be 21 you are not a childrens anymore". I miss our Homecoming Parade, even if the parents and teachers did most of the work. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...