Friday, October 17, 2008

So........ I can't think of a title...... i am brain dead


Needless to say, I am still battling this Beep Beep (that was my censoring) Headache. I think I am beginning to sound like Wendy Whiner. (You would have to be a fan of Saturday Night Live to know Wendy Whiner). Anyway, I don't like not feeling well because.... well it makes me grouchy and the medicine makes me feel like some kind of freak (i love that word). I can't form my thoughts well and I can't concentrate on what I really want to do.... like read my book, watch a movie, or watch O'bama speak for the 100th time... Not.... I am so ready for this election to be over, but then again I am scared of the outcome. I finished This Present Darkness. It was a great book that made me realize once again how important prayer is. Throughout the book, the Christians' prayers are what kept the evil spirits from accomplishing their plans to destroy the town of Ashton. Today, I started reading The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. Several people have read this book and highly recommended it. In fact, our new English teacher told me to get everything done around the house I wanted to do because once I start reading it, I will not want to put it down. I love those kind of books. I think I have mentioned before that books are a great escape for me. So, I will summarize (using the back of the book) what the book is about. I will let you know later what I think.... (Like you base your decisions on what I think).

Mackenzie Allen Phillips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever. In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant THE SHACK wrestles with the timeless question: Where is God in a world filled with unspeakable pain? The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. (Taken from back of book, not written by me).

The Rebels won tonight... Congrats team!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not as familiar with Wendy Whiner as I am with Debby Downer. I ♥ Debby Downer.

    haha the O'bama thing cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...