Monday, November 3, 2008

Finny's Chicken

Today I was trying to find something different to cook for supper. I get so tired of cooking the same thing over and over again. Do you ever feel this way? One of the teachers at school suggested this recipe. It is from the Festival cookbook. I have actually owned this cookbook for over 10 years, but have never cooked this recipe. It was really delicious. The one thing I will change next time.... I will cut the cooking time down because my chicken breasts were a little dry. The extra 30minutes was not really needed because I used medium size breasts. Other than that small problem, this recipe was easy and simply good good good! Yummy!

Finny's Chicken

1 fryer, cut into serving pieces (or 6 chicken breasts)
1 (6 ounce) package white and wild rice (Uncle Ben's)
1/4 cup margarine
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can onion soup
1/2 soup can water

Salt and pepper chicken. Place uncooked rice in 8 x 12 inch casserole in which margarine has been melted. Put chicken on top of rice. Pour onion soup and water on top of chicken. Then sprinkle seasonings, which came with rice, on chicken and soup. Cover tightly. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover and cook 30 minutes longer. Yield: 4 - 6 servings.
Mrs. Joe Goldberg (Natalie)

A little background on the Festival cookbook.... It was published in 1983 by Humphreys Academy patrons. (I was in kindergarten in 1983). It has great recipes!

1 comment:

  1. I love that cookbook. My dad gave me a copy when I was a sophmore in high school. When I moved a few years ago, it got lost. I need to pick up a new copy.

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...