Monday, November 17, 2008

I am no Martha Stewart.....

I was sitting at church yesterday and Ms. Claudice walks up to me and says, "I have you down as Chairman of the Decorating Committee for this Sunday's Harvest Supper. I don't care what you do, just decorate the fellowship hall". I said, "o.k." (Because no one in their right mind would say anything otherwise) After the initial shock wore off, I began thinking "what in the world? and what moron put me down as chairman?" I do not decorate and I do not get into entertaining, but whatever..... I have decided to have a positive attitude and decorate. If it stinks, they will probably never ask me again.... but, I hope it doesn't. Please offer any suggestions you might have. I called Brookie last night because he was in Walmart. I told him to buy me some little pumpkins and gourds for the tables. Well, guess what....Brookie said there was nothing but Christmas stuff. We haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving and you can't find a pumpkin anywhere.....but you can find plenty of Christmas junk. What is wrong with this picture?

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't see where to comment, so I clicked blindly and here I am. Maybe it's just my monitor?

    You'll do great at decorating. Just think pumpkins and such. The stores will probably have all the fall decorations on sale very soon, what with everyone decorating so early for Christmas.

    You'll do great. Post pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...