Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I guess I have to say something.....

I thought about not even posting today because I just really hate to discuss my feelings about this "historic" election. First of all, I cannot believe this is happening in my lifetime. Actually, that was a direct quote from Brookie..... It's not that I do not like Obama because he is black. I am worried about what he believes in. I for one cannot believe that one can attend a church for 15 years and not know what the preacher believes in. Also, I tend to not vote democrat anyway. They usually favor raising taxes and bigger government. I hope everyone realizes that the "middle class" (you and me) carry the tax burden in this country. If taxes are raised, we are more than likely to be the ones that feel the pain from it. And, I have a hard time giving my hard earned money to some people who just will not work. I understand that there are people who really deserve welfare, but it is one of the most widely abused systems in our country. Ok.... enough of that.... Obama may turn out to be a wonderful president, but sadly I do not believe he is a true Christian. Being a Christian is about putting your trust in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, as the only one who can save you...... I for one have never sat in a church service where a preacher said G**D*** and if I ever do I will get up and leave and never return. To me, that is the worst word one can ever say.... Ok I lied I wasn't finished ranting. It seems inevitable that Obama will be president. We need to all fall on our knees and beg God to have mercy on this country. Good night!

1 comment:

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...