Thursday, November 27, 2008

Two days of nonstop eating equals MISERY!

Yesterday, I was awakened to the sound of the ice maker bin (i guess that is what it is called) being emptied into the sink. Now, if you have ever done this you know that it makes a loud noise. Well, my sweet husband decided to empty the bin at 4 o'clock in the morning. Yes.... Sad, but true. So, the noise woke me up. I don't know how to describe the noise, but I choose to quote the uncle on Christmas Vacation..... sounds like a "dump truck driving through a nitroglyceren plant". Well, not really..... but it is loud. The husband did end of cooking pancakes.... so I guess I forgive him. After he left for work, I fell back asleep for a couple more hours. Right after lunch Mama, Daddy, Nanny, Savell, Dwayne, and I rode to my Aunt Shirley and Uncle Rusty's house to celebrate my uncle's 60th birthday. We ate too much food and came home miserable.

Today, the family met at my house for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Of course, we waited for over an hour for the Yazoo City family to get here. One may wonder why we even waited on them...... well, the main reason is because they had the dressing. And, well you cannot eat without dressing. We ate turkey, ham, homemade macaroni and cheese (yummy), sweet potato casserole, green beans, rolls, some kind of slaw (good), deviled eggs, fruit salad (because Nanny makes it every year whether we eat it or not), and dressing with giblet gravy. I probably forgot something, but oh well....

Desserts - I think this is where my diet went all wrong...... Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake (and before you say gross... no it was DIVINE). My cousin Angela made it and used a recipe out of last year's Southern Living Christmas magazine. We also had bread pudding, coconut cake, sweet potato pie, lemon dessert, and cherry cobbler. I mentioned in an earlier post that my family goes overboard with dessert and we did again.

I just really have to stop here and applaud my cousin Angela. She brought the homemade mac and cheese and the cheesecake (both recipes out of Southern Living) and I really think those were my two favorite dishes. Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!

Looks like I will need to walk 8 miles tomorrow, but there may not be enough time for that..... I am going shopping with my friend Susan. Planning on leaving at 4 in the morning. I will just tell Brookie to empty the ice bin in the morning.... makes a great alarm clock.

Things I am thankful for today:
1. that the gluttony is over until Christmas
2. the House marathon that is on tonight
3. Uncle Snuffy and Aunt Martha took home one of the kittens tonight! Woo Hoo!
4. Being able to visit and fellowship with family today (Nanny says every year.... "well I may not be here next year".....)
5. Telling stories/memories with family today and laughing
6. For Uncle Rusty taking up so much time with me as a teenager (taught me to water ski and took us to the lake every weekend) Happy 60th Birthday!
7. for every blessing big and small that God sends me because I am so unworthy of it. Thanks for loving me no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...