Friday, February 27, 2009

Disturbed does not begin to describe it.........

I guess I have now turned into my mother or possibly every teacher I rolled my eyes at while I was growing up. Oh well......... life happens! I am so disturbed at the moral compass of our children today. I was talking to one of my classes today about some "things". I always manage to open a can of worms without even knowing it. Isn't that how it usually works anyway? My heart goes out to the children I teach. I am finding that most of them (not all) are flying through life without any sense of right or wrong. I mean............. well, let me explain........ I have not been perfect........NO I HAVE NOT! But, I have lots of regrets..... and I always had a sense of right and wrong. I knew certain things were wrong. Some of the kids I teach really do not grasp how some things are just WRONG! When I say wrong, I mean wrong according to God's word. If you get easily offended....... quit reading now! I want to scream sometimes! I leave work with a headache! I am so worried about what the world will be like when Savell and Dwayne become teenagers. Kids think "oral sex" is not really sex. Please! I blame that mess on our great former President Clinton. Also, why do kids think it is "normal" and "acceptable" for people to have babies out of wedlock? I know....... this is not a perfect world, but when you hear people discussing someone being pregnant and acting like it is not big deal that they are not married or even plan to marry, it disturbs me. There was a time when things like this were not "out in the open". Now, it seems like some people think it's the greatest thing on earth. I have decided that I need to pray even HARDER for my students and my children. I hope that the students who actually are trying to live a Christian life amidst this ignorance will take a stand and speak out against things that are morally wrong. I hope that in reading this that no one thinks I am putting myself on a pedestal. I have done so many things that I am not proud of and I continue to ask God to forgive me for them even though I know he forgave me the first time I asked for it. Does anyone even grieve over their sin instead of being proud of it? I am sorry if I have offended anyone by writing this, but I needed to vent!

1 comment:

  1. don't worry, i'm not offended since you said that little comment about "not everyone" in about the 5th or 6th sentence.

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...