
I just finished reading
The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz. I have never read anything by this author before. But, I knew what to expect after I asked one of my classes at school if any of them had ever read any books by him. Henry said, "Oh yeah, Mrs. Jennifer.... my dad reads his books all the time. He is sortive like Stephen King. They'll be boiling bodies and everything in those books." So, I knew to expect something weird. I actually liked this book. But, I need to reread it again one day because in the beginning I could not figure out what was going on and my mind would wander. So, I am scared I missed some key facts or details. (I am not a very good book critic.) Anyway, if you like Stephen King, you will probably love this author too.

My brother and his wife gave me a Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas. Monday, Dwayne and I had doctor's appointments and I stopped and purchased a couple of new books. I actually took a copy of another blogger's book list. I was unable to find several of the books on her list. I left there with one book she recommended
Garden Spells and another book that caught my attention.......
Dear Neighbor Drop Dead. I am currently reading it. It is a funny book and reminds me of an episode of Desperate Housewives.
hey, I've read a few of the Dean Koontz novels and I thought they were all pretty good. He's sort of scary, but it's sort of unrealistic. I can't remember all the ones that I've read, but one of them was named the Husband. Pretty good.
ReplyDelete