To say today has been a special day is a huge understatement. The day began as any other Sunday morning. I did not really want to get up, but I knew that every time I go to church I leave feeling such peace and being blessed beyond measure. I love the Lord and enjoy worshipping, but still I am human and my bed feels so good on Sunday. It would be so easy to stay in bed all morning, but thankfully today I chose not to do that.
The following story is not one to make you think I am superstitious, but I do believe that God is active in our everyday lives. We must pay attention! Sometimes I think we ignore the obvious signs that He is with us at every moment. He cares about what we care about. I just love that about Him! Anyways......... Savell came into my room this morning and told me the following story......
She told me that she had a dream last night that she went to heaven. Now, as a parent this first of all took me by surprise and then I wondered why she was dreaming about heaven at such a young age. I mean, I am not sure if I have ever dreamed about heaven. I think about heaven sometimes, but I cannot say I have ever dreamed about it. Well, she went on to describe her dream to me and it was so......... I do not really know the word here to describe it...... biblical? truthful? Anyway..... She said that there were gates and she entered the gates. Then, she stood in front of all these people. While she was standing there, someone placed a crown on her head. Immediately, the whole crowd started cheering. And, then she said there was this really tall man in the center of all the people, sitting on a throne. Next, they led her to her house.
Well, the dream ends here because I woke her up at this point. But, I have thought about this dream all day. Why did she dream this and why does it seem to be so accurate? The Bible tells us that there are "pearly gates" and "there is a great cloud of witnesses". And, it tells us that we are essentially running a race in this life and that this "great cloud of witnesses" essentially cheers us on in this race. Of course, Jesus is cheering us on too......... He wants us persevere in our faith. Also, it plainly says in James 1:12 that "Blessed is the man that perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love him." Also, Jesus used these words to comfort his disciples, "Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so I would have told you." John 14:1-2
God has had His hand on Savell's life for several years now. Of course, He is with all of us. But, sometimes the wisdom she has for such a young age is amazing. I can only believe in my heart that it is Him working in her life.
We went to church this morning with this dream fresh on our minds. I was thinking of my dear friend Rita who passed away several years ago. Rita was such a great person, down to earth and one of the few people I truly called my friend. Rita's tombstone has this verse on it "Be faithful until death and you will receive the crown of life". Rita's life personified this verse. So, of course, when Savell mentioned receiving the crown, I thought of Rita. Well, today Rita's son Cory made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ and joined the church. It was an emotional moment for all of us. I truly believe that Rita is smiling down on her son and is so proud of him.
What a great way to celebrate a Sunday! I have been flying high all day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
What a GREAT story!!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!