Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy 85th birthday Nanny!


Saturday, February 21 was my Nanny's 85th birthday. We celebrated by eating a delicious meal of fried catfish, french fries, slaw, and hushpuppies at my Uncle Rusty and Aunt Shirley's house. It was delicious! After pigging out on all of that, we had two desserts to pick from, chocolate cake and caramel cake. Needless to say, my diet was not on my mind Saturday. I took a picture of the birthday girl blowing out her candles. She said that she did not make a wish, but just thanked the good Lord for the 85 years that He has given her. My cousin Angela's son Stone made the cutest comment. He asked his mother how old is Nanny? Angela said, "85". He said, "No mama, why is her 85?" Angela said, "I don't know Stone, she just has lived that long". I do not know what he was thinking, but obviously he was amazed at Nanny being 85.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...