It's quiet here at the Duett home because both of my children are spending the night away from home tonight. Brookie just left to go work in his shop. You would think that I would use this time wisely to do things that I normally do not do, but I am still doing the same old thing...... thinking about what I should be doing and not doing it. I hope to get something productive done this week, but right now I am listening to one of my favorite songs. Have you ever heard a song a million times, but never really listened to the message? Well, that is true of this song. I heard it on the radio so many times, but did not listen to the words........ I mean REALLY listen to the words. One Sunday at church, we had a boy sing and play this song on the piano. The message in this song is so powerful. Right now, we are in a season transition, from winter to spring. One day it is cold and other days it is so warm. Remember the flowers that were blooming through the snow? To me, God can be seen everywhere. I look for his handiwork every day, whether it be the red birds flying around my yard, the wisteria blooming right now, or the amazing sunsets He paints just for you and me daily. Today at church, we had a visiting preacher. His sermon was based on Psalm 127. He gave us 10 benefits of children. Right now, I am thinking of one that I think we as adults miss so much when we grow up. Children give us a glimpse at Godly happiness. They get so excited over a bulldozer, a bird, a flower, a baby, a truck, a song ........ you get the picture? Then, we grow up to be adults and we stop being excited over the simplest things. I hope that I can start noticing more and more God's presence around me every day.
So, I am sharing the song I am listening to right now with you. You may not like it, but at least find the message in it.
Every Season by Nichole Nordeman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwpdZdvCl8 ( a link to a video)
Every evening sky an invitation
to trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that is ours
And I notice You In children’s games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
You are summer
And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been
and was to come
You are autumn
And everything in time and under heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white,
all creation Shivers underneath
And still I notice you
When branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death,
You open doors for life to enter
You are winter
And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through
is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring
I hope you all have a great week! No matter what season your life may be in right now, be assured that God is ever present and doing a work in your life. Take time this week to notice His work as we move into spring......... the season of rebirth. He truly makes all things new.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
No comments:
Post a Comment