Fast forward...... 12 years.......
Mama and daddy recently bought a house. While moving, Mama informed me that she was letting me have her secretary. I could not believe it, but I was not going to argue........ I am too selfish for that. Well, actually, to be honest, she told me I could have either the secretary or the antique ice box. I told her I thought my brother would seriously lovvvvvvvvvve to have the ice box, so give me the secretary. Of course, Scott probably could care less about either one and he was not consulted. I hope when he reads this, he does not launch a plan to get the secretary while they are here Catfish Festival. He did that to me once with a television, but that's a whole other story. Let's just say.......... don't ask me if you can have something while I am sleeping because I will give you the world. And, no he didn't do this recently. When I was a teenager, Scott asked me if he could have my television for his dorm room. The only problem with this is that I was asleep and said yes. I woke up from my nap to find my television gone. Talk about ticked off! By the time I figured out what had happened, my television was sitting in his dorm room at Mississippi College. To this day, I am still mad about that, but hey......... what are brothers for, right? Goodness.......... I guess I just told the story anyway.
So, back to the secretary............. it's mine now and I am so happy. I just love looking at it! And, I filled it with some things too.
I started off with a travel theme........ but not sure what theme I ended up with. I put these in there............... Savell and Dwayne's bronzed baby shoes, Dwayne's hallmark train ornament that he broke because he kept punching the buttons, my favorite childhood book, Christina Katarina and the Box (found it recently on Ebay....... mom gave mine away a hundred years ago........ I love this book!) , a basket from Daddy's mission trip to Belize, a toy airplane from Scott's mission trip to Senegal, a fan from a mission trip to the Phillipines, Brookie's dad's passport from 1974 when he was working in Nigeria. A puzzle ring that Brookie's dad brought home from Nigeria as a gift to his son Barry who was later killed under tragic circumstances, a picture of Brookie and his third grade class, and a doll Susan brought me back from Jamaica. Well, what theme would you call this? How about mindless junk that only means something to me?
So, that's the secretary!
I have had a secreatry in my room for the past 17 years. Lucky me!
ReplyDelete