Saturday, March 28, 2009

Quotes from Forrest Gump.........

I love Forrest Gump. The movie was released while I was in high school and as soon as it came to a local theatre, I went to see it. After seeing the movie, I bought the soundtrack because I loved the music. I would guess that it has been about 16 years since the movie premiered. It is now being shown on regular television. No matter how many times I have seen Forrest Gump, if I am flipping through channels and see that it is on, I have to stop for awhile and watch it..... again. So you see, I do love me some Forrest.......... I have had this book forever and a day, too.

One thing I love about Forrest is that he was so simple minded. I think a lot of us would enjoy our lives even more if we would stop overanalyzing everything. Well, at least, I would. I tend to be too serious most of the time, but I do strive to be simple. It is hard though. I am sharing some Forrest quotes from the book above...........

  • Do not try to cut your own hair.
  • Dream but don't quit your day job.
  • Never trust nobody that says he never took a drink in his whole life.
  • Don't ever pick a fight with somebody that's really ugly lookin.
  • If you want to be popular, do not engage in child molestin' or line dancin'.
  • Don't lick nothin that sticks to your tongue.
  • Keep your bullshit detector in good working order.
  • You may be an idiot, but try not to be stupid.
  • Always be nice to your mama..
  • Most people don't look dumb til they start talkin'.
  • Don't try to outrun someone if your wearin sandals.
  • Do not get drunk around strangers.
  • Do not sweat the small stuff; for that matter do not sweat at all, as it will save you money on deodorant.
  • Ignorance is the key to everything in life. An ignorant person is constantly surprised.
  • Some people are born idiots like me, but many more become stupider as they go along.
  • Keep a vegetable garden with lots of nice tomatoes.
  • Don't take no wooden Indians.
  • Don't poke sticks at monkeys.
  • If you go to the zoo, always take somethin' to feed the animals - even if the signs say "Do Not Feed the Animals." It wasn't the animals that put them signs up.
  • People not to talk back to: 1. Your teacher 2. 1st Sergeants 3. The police 4. Your mama

1 comment:

  1. O man.. the only 2 cds i remember from my childhood are the Forrest Gump soundtrack and a Garth Brooks cd. I liked the former much more.

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...