Swine flu? Who could have possibly dreamed that weeks before we are to leave on this Senior Trip that a sickness known as Swine Flu would appear on the horizon way before the cruise ship does? I personally do not want to be close to anyone carrying swine flu. I just keep thinking What in the world? And, are the first symptoms of swine flu a.k.a. fat flu that you start craving reeses peanut butter cups, hate sticking to your diet, and long to play in the mud? I think I may already have it. And, maybe this is a sign that I have no business going anywhere? Well, according to one of the parents, Carnival is no longer even docking at any port located in Mexico. I am o.k. with going round and round in circles while on the ocean. Someone mentioned that the ship may be docking in the Cayman Islands. All that pops in my head when I hear Cayman Islands is Tom Cruise in The Firm running from mobsters and those poor lawyers getting killed while snorkling. Thankfully, I happen to know a few Mobsters........just kidding, but I guess I could know some and not know it. I do know a few Italians, but they're probably not mobsters. I think having a mobster as a friend could be a good thing, but of course I would be walking on pins and needles trying to keep him happy. I certainly do not want to wake up in the middle of the night with a horse's head in my bed. Whoo! I just want swine flu to go away.......... seriously. I am not that scared for me, but Dwayne has asthma and I cannot be bringing those kinds of germs home.
How come weeds grow so well, but you have to fertilize and water regular flowers? I do not get it. I hope heaven does not have any weeds, or at least the weeds there need to be beautiful, and not make me sneeze. And, Kee Kee keeps coming in from outside with those little sticky balls all over her fur. We call them beggar lice (not sure why and if that is their true name). All I know is they are smaller than cockleburs and are all over my kitty cat. And, she acts like such a brat everytime I try to pull one off of her. She must be tenderheaded like her mom. She does have an attitude problem most of the time, but I do too, so I usually let it slide.
I was just thinking today that I really want to see George Strait in concert before I die. Gosh, he is the best looking man old enough to be my dad that I have ever seen. Seriously, I used to have a poster of him in my room when I was a teenager. Brookie hates him. But, he hates most country. He says he sounds horrible and would I please just listen to him when he is not in the car. I took Brookie to Greenville today to pick up his truck that tore up yesterday. On the way, I started listening to ole George. But, Brookie was ruining it for me.......... don't you just hate it when you want to turn up the music and sing to your heart's content, and some anti-George Strait guy kills your mood? Well, I do. So, on the way home (without the anti-George guy) I listened to George. And, I also listened to Otis Redding......... These Arms of Mine and of course, the classic Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay. Yes, I was trying to pretend that this was exactly what I was headed to do....... Sit on the dock of some bay and watch the tide roll in. But, of course, reality set in and I realized I was driving down highway 61 in the middle of the Mississippi Delta. Do you know that Otis Redding was killed either right around the time Sittin on the Dock of the Bay was released or it was released after his death. It ended up being his number 1 selling song and the song that he is most famous for. Strange, huh?
Well, I am about to go to sleep and let's hope the swine flu goes away soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Depression - a hard fought battle
This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again. I'm scared of opening up too much about ...
-
Dear Friend, I have recently lost my husband. I know that it seems like this is all I talk about, but I wanted to give you some ideas to h...
-
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day about why she hasn't written in her blog in so long and how I missed reading it. She...
I enjoyed your post! It made me laugh!
ReplyDeleteI used to teach high school, but never went on a senior trip.
You take care. Many blessings to you and your family!
Andrea