Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Under the Shadow of the Almighty

Well, after almost 2 years at my present job, I found out today that school time is not the same as real time. I feel sortive stupid, but I do not intend to reset every clock in my house, car, and room to match school time. School time is 5 minutes slower (or is it faster..... I am still confused) than real time. Well, it does not make much sense to me........ but, of course, most of life does not make a whole lot of sense to me. I mean WHY WOULD YOU SET A CLOCK TO THE WRONG TIME AND FOLLOW IT? CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, why am I just now finding this out with 20 something days of school left? I just want to tell everyone that reads this blog that I hereby decree that all study halls cease to exist. O.k........... I know that did not work because my words do not carry much weight in this situation, but seriously........ study halls are nothing but trouble. The kids do not study and they are constantly finding ways to escape the room. Study halls bring out the worst in teachers. (well, at least they bring out the worst in me.) And, have I mentioned Junior High children make me CRAZY too? I think I may be just CRAZY!!!! Call the insane asylum and book me a room, preferably with Jack Nicholson. We can both fly over the cuckoo's nest. I love Jack! He's my kind of man......... doesn't put up with any bull!

I saw the glory of the Lord today. While I cannot give you any specifics, I prayed over a matter and God has been HUGE in the situation. I have been on cloud nine all day, (except for a brief hiatus during study hall). But, seriously, seeing prayers answered is so refreshing and it increases my faith tremendously. It reminds me that God is always working and most of the time, He answers prayers in a BIG way....... above and far beyond our expectations. Now, of course, sometimes we must wait and wait for an answer (which is hard), but in this instance, He answered so amazingly!

Now, on to Bible Study......... we finished Esther tonight. Well, the girls really finished it because I have been gone working on the Senior Play for over a month. Beth closed tonight's video with my FAVORITE Psalm............

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

I am so glad that God always STANDS between me and my enemies. I do not know who my enemies are at this moment (other than the obvious demonic ones who seek to take away my joy), but to know that I stand in His shadow is such a comfort. He truly protects me and keeps me safe from the fowler's snare and the pestilence that stalks in the darkness. Sometimes, I feel like I am swimming in a pestilence of ignorance.......... but that's a completely different post.

3 comments:

  1. Glad things are looking better!!!!


    And girl, school time has been off since we went to school! I can remember my mom talking about it back when I was a child! Nothing has changed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny about H.A. time!

    I'm so glad you came to a decision. I love these posts of yours - uplifting and affirming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I read "sortive" one more time, I think I might go insane!!!!!!!!!! Sort of, that is :^).

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...