Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Positivity.........

In an effort to get my mind off of how crazy school is this time of year and the things that are really bugging me right now........ I am going to post some random positive thoughts.

I got a card in the mail from the friendly ladies at Weight Watchers telling me "we've missed you". I realize that this was a form letter and every person who suddenly drops out probably receives one, but nonetheless.......... I am glad they sent it. In a recent post, I said I was going to go on Brookie's diet. That did not last very long. I guess I just do not have the will power right now, but after the Senior Play is over.......... I might fall back into dietville. Right now, I am constantly thinking of chip and dip, pizza........ well, pretty much anything fattening.

Speaking of fattening, I am so glad that the Easter Bunny brought my children those Reese's peanut butter eggs. I love those things.

I am so glad that I put the roast on this morning so I would not have to eat yucky, greasy Micky D's after play practice.

I am glad that someone so long ago invented crock pots and slow cookers. What a genuis!

Though it could really be all in my head........... I am so glad to say that there has been a significant reduction in my tension headaches since I started going to the chiropractor. I think this is amazing because I have had lots to make my head hurt lately. This past Sunday, I developed a monster headache in Sunday School. I took my medicine which makes me really loopy. Then, I sat in the choir and pretended to sing because #1........ I did not know the song and #2.......... I was free of the headache by then but a little drugged. I hoped that no one would notice, but of course, two of my students asked me today........ "Mrs. Jenn, What was wrong with you Sunday?" So much for pretending...............

I made it to Lifeway yesterday and bought 3 new books. Also, I am going to sing in a couple of weeks at church, so I picked up some music, too. Hopefully, another monster headache will not strike because it will be much harder to pretend if I am the only one singing.

School is so close to being out for the summer. This makes me happy. It will be time for little league baseball games, sleeping late, reading, working in the yard, traveling, swimming, and doing things only Jennifer wants to do.

I am about to dig up an old picture of me looking positive......... See........... even though I was fishing in a catfish pond with thousands upon thousands of fish in it........... I was still looking positive in my Guaranty Bank tshirt and shorts pulled up past my waist. Why, you would think I had just caught this thing after hours of torturous fishing............ ha........ I guess I was doing a little more of that pretending.............but, I was probably being told by my mother to smile big! Gosh, this really is a ridiculous picture!

Oh.......... goodness, almost forgot one really positive thing......... Tonight, I received a copy of the drum roll please.............. Spaghetti and Meatball recipe. Now, I just hope Mrs. Joy is not giving me some fake recipe or something.......... because I have been wanting a copy of this for awhile now. Thank you.......... thank you.......... thank you..............

Senior Play is this Thursday and Friday night. To me, this is the last major big event before graduation. I still have to get the details for Graduation done, but it's no biggie. It's an exciting time. And, after that, we are heading out of dodge for a few days.

2 comments:

  1. The only thing positive about that picture is your blood type.

    And you forgot to mention cruisin' in your list of things to do this summer! Plus, that trip is going to ruin any hope of a so-called "diet" you plan on being on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought i heard someone sneakin around my house the other night....

    ReplyDelete

Depression - a hard fought battle

This is a post that I have started for several years now and abandoned it time and time again.  I'm scared of opening up too much about ...